Back Pain - Are Trigger Points Causing My Back Pain?

Back Pain - Are Trigger Points Causing My Back Pain?

What are trigger points and why are they causing my back pain? That's the question I asked my physical therapist. I had been hearing a lot about trigger points and the role they play in pain management and I wanted to get my therapists opinion as to what there were, what's the causing this trigger points to "fire up" and what can be done to treat them. Here's what I found out.

1. Doctors have identified certain focal points located in tight bands of skeletal muscle as playing a role in pain management. When these points are pressed these pints will produce pain.

2. Often found in the muscles of the neck, shoulders and pelvic girdle, muscles used to. maintain body posture. This trigger points can manifest themselves as headaches, tinnitus, jaw pain and lower back pain.

As my therapists explained acute trauma such as whip lash, incorrect lifting or even a sneeze can cause these points to fire up causing pain and decreased range of motion.

Ultrasonography, manipulative therapy and injection, are used to inactivate trigger points. Injections have been shown to be the most effective in reducing pain.

However all these treatments only address the symptoms and not the true cause. Something is causing this trigger points to fire up, many times it is a back dysfunction caused by muscle imbalance. This can be treated with a program of specific exercises designed for your unique condition.

One of the top rated programs is called the Lose The Back Pain System developed by therapists and doctors of the Healthy back Institute. This program has helped thousands by strengthening muscles and eliminating muscles imbalance.

As someone who has suffered with a bad back and who has endured months of physical therapy and an operation, I can tell you there are solutions for your discomfort.


Back Neck Pain - Back Pain - Are Trigger Points Causing My Back Pain?
0 Responses

Post a Comment