Is Your Handbag Causing You Neck and Shoulder Pain?

Is Your Handbag Causing You Neck and Shoulder Pain?

You may be unaware that your purse is causing you neck and shoulder pain along with occasional headaches. I too suffered from this problem a few years back before I realized it was my purse. I was paying costly chiropractor bills once a month for some relief that never lasted long. The stiffness in my neck and shoulders along with the headaches always returned.

If you chose to carry a heavy purse you could be putting yourself at risk for significant muscle, nerve and spinal injury. You may chose to go on with your day just ignoring the problem but eventually you will not be able to ignore it any longer. There are a few simple solutions that will help save your neck and back from damage.

Your handbag should not weigh more then 5 to 8 pounds after you have put your things inside. Find a handbag that is not heavy to begin with. Only carry things you need on a daily basis. Clean out your handbag once a week. Purchase a teardrop sling shoulder bag. These bags are made in an ergonomic fashion so as to reduce strain on the neck and shoulders. Alternate shoulders frequently. Wear the strap messenger style across the body Try to remember not to slump, it adds to the strain. Don't purchase a big bag. You will only be tempted to fill it.

I have done all these things. I now sleep better at night with out my neck and shoulder pain keeping me awake. Occasionally I try to switch off to a big purse but I am quickly reminded with the stiffness in my neck and the headaches that follow.

Use the simple tips above to help keep your back healthy. Go get yourself a teardrop sling shoulder bag with an ergonomic design.

The teardrop sling shoulder bag that I found has lots of pockets and I love it!


Back Neck Pain - Is Your Handbag Causing You Neck and Shoulder Pain?
0 Responses

Post a Comment